Sunday, July 21, 2013

CAMP2013 // Recap Post #8

CAMP2013 Recap Post #8
By: Jessica Stone


CAMP 2013: My Experience

3 Things the Lord taught me at CAMP
So many moments from CAMP 2013 will be embedded on my heart for years to come.  There are three particular lessons and/or reminders that the Lord clearly impressed upon my heart though. 

1.    Things happen in His timing.
     Not only is this true in my personal life, but God showed me so clearly that this is true in my professional life as well.  So many life happenings that have occurred in my life did not occur on my timeline.  Actually, very few things in my life have gone according to my timing.  Go figure!  But, most recently, this whole developing relationship and moving to a new state situation really was not in my plans; however, I’ve been so blessed by it.  Professionally, I got to see God do some things that really didn’t happen when I wanted them to.  Thursday before dinner, I’d been sharing with a couple of lovely ladies that I was so saddened to leave rbcstudents, partially because goodbyes are tough in general, but mostly because I’d been hoping to see some restoration and growth, and quite frankly, it just hadn’t happened yet, at least not like I thought that it should.  Little did I know that some MAJOR restoration would take place in just a few hours…  During worship that night, the Lord brought me to the point of surrender with Him, showing me clearly that whatever happens in rbcstudents has got to happen solely because of Him and NOT because of me.  He is so gracious to deal with me on those things, those heart matters.  And so at that point of surrender and that point of heart abandoned to Him and His timing, the Lord so graciously allowed me to see friendships reconciled and relationships restored!  Praise Him for those changes! 


2.    This next phase of life is going to be tough, but worth it.
I’ve said it before and I will say it again:  tough isn’t bad, tough is just tough.  Some of the most growth-producing times in my life have been the toughest times, the seasons that I really could not physically endure on my own.  And I cherish those times more than words can say.  It’s in the tough times that I’m forced to realize my own helplessness and rely fully on His strength, provision, and hope.  If I don’t go through those tough times, I will never learn to fully rely on Him, and I will also miss the blessing of seeing His grace and provision along the way.  Also, tough doesn’t mean wrong.  Just because I face challenges and trials doesn’t mean I’ve done something wrong.  In fact, more often than not, it’s when I’m walking the closest with the Lord that I find myself facing more obstacles.  It’s when I’m following Him that my flesh—and the flesh of some around me—tends to be resistant and tension ensues.  All of these elements of tough were reestablished in my heart this week at CAMP.  And the absolute best part of tough stuff is next in my list of lessons learned at CAMP…

3.    I am His daughter.  Period.  End of story.  No matter what.
As I’m staring down the barrel of a ton of change, my mind has really struggled to fill in the gaps, the missing pieces of what my new life will look like.  Where will I go to church?  Who will be my friends?  What will my daily life be like?  Who will I fit in with?  The answers to these questions may be tough to find or tough to accept.  But, I know that I don’t have to handle any of the tough stuff on my own!  The most beautiful blessing I’ve received in my life is the gift of salvation.  Thankfully and humbly, the Lord reminded me of that so sweetly this week at CAMP.  Regardless of where I go, what I do, or who I’m close to or far from, my identity never changes:  I am His daughter.  My Father never ceases to be my Father.  He will always call me His.  I will always belong to and with Him.  That is so comforting to know at any point, but especially in the face of so much unknown.  Even in the midst of the unknown, I am known by my Father.  And that’s pretty cool. 

I’m sure as I continue to reflect on and process all that God did in CAMP 2013, I’ll realize I’ve left out something valuable.  But, for now, this is my reflection, my take away, my application.  This is my CAMP 2013 experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment