Saturday, July 20, 2013

CAMP2013 // Recap Post #6

CAMP2013 Recap Post #6
By: Cherith Campbell (Summer Intern)


        I can’t believe how awesome camp was this year! I can honestly say that my first rbcstudents camp wasn’t a disappointment. This camp experience was a little different than what I’m used to because this year I was on staff and not a camper or just a volunteer. It was really interesting to be behind the scenes for all of the activities. As a camper I never really thought about everything that went into making camp happen. I have a greater appreciation for everyone that helps with all the events within the student ministry. This whole summer has taught me a lot about all the work that is needed within the church outside of Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.

        I would say that one of my favorite parts of camp was getting to know the students. For a full four days we get them isolated on one campground. We get to spend all day with them and develop genuine relationships with each student. I love getting to go from activity to activity with a group and see how each student is different and how God is working. I have been blessed with the opportunity to intern with rbcstudents this summer and I can’t believe that I only have a month left. I pray everyday that God will use me to impact students’ lives but this summer students have truly impacted me and that’s such an incredible thing. I am looking forward to the next four weeks and can only hope that the fires that were started at camp continue to burn bright for our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment