Tuesday, July 16, 2013

CAMP2013 // Recap Post #2


CAMP2013 Recap Post #2
By: Kate Ford
 
            I’m still so incredibly overwhelmed by what God did while we were at Camp.  I never got the opportunity to attend camp while I was in the student ministry and always wished I’d been able to.  Leading up to CAMP2013 I kept joking that I was finally getting the chance to go to camp… but I don’t think I realized how much it would actually do in my own life.  As we drew closer and closer to camp, I continued to pray for the hearts & minds of the students that would be attending.  I prayed that God would move in them in amazing ways and that they would come back changed.  I don’t think I realized how moved I would be while at camp, though.  God showed me so many things while there and I feel so refreshed and renewed, which is something I desperately needed.
           
            I had the opportunity to serve as the Bible Study teacher at CAMP2013…  I was actually very nervous about taking this on when James asked me to.  I am by no means a great teacher when it comes to standing in front of a group and teaching a lesson for an hour and a half, but I was blown away by how the Holy Spirit intervened and simply taught through me.  Throughout the week in Bible Study I was able to see students’ hearts changing as they were starting to understand the things I was explaining to them… and all I can say is that I was just incredibly in awe of what God did.  I am still sometimes overwhelmed by how the Holy Spirit speaks through me in the moments I have with our students… because it’s not me speaking; it’s Him.

            After every event we’ve had since I joined staff, whether it be Winter Retreat, DNOW, or Mission Trips, I am more impressed and blown away by our students and their deep desire to serve the Lord and grow closer to Him.  And I was once again blown away.  Getting to watch the students worship Him, getting to overhear their conversations about HIM! I’m getting teary-eyed just thinking about what I witnessed at camp.  All I can really say is that the presence of the Holy Spirit was so evident at CAMP2013 and it was so beautiful seeing Him move in the hearts of our students… and I cannot wait for what will follow CAMP2013.  God started something at camp and I know what’s to follow will be absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment