Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Why Church?": Week 5 -- We're a Mighty Force

For the past four weeks, we've been trying to figure out how to answer the question: "Why Church?" Why is going to church important?

For my final post, I'll start with a recap:
1. To fellowship and live in community because we were created to do so.
2. Because Jesus fills us with our own gifts. Each is unique.
3. To hold one another accountable.
4. To know why we believe what we believe.
5 And, finally, we are a force to be reckoned with.

The Bible says: Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or more are gathered in My name, there I am among them. (Matthew 18:19-20)

I think so often we forget what a special gift we have in salvation. That means we are in a relationship with He who made us! We ask, and He answers. We cry, and He hears. We praise, and He smiles. What a gift we have!

By gathering together, not only are we showing our love for Him by praising His name together, we are increasing the number of voices who are crying out with one heart and goal: to know Him and make Him known. We are gathering as a mass of people who all desire one another's prosperity. If there are prayer requests, we cry out together. If there are praises, we make a joyful noise together. AND WE ARE HEARD. Hallelujah.

I hope these past few weeks has changed what you think about going to church. If you've given up, I hope with all of my heart that you give it another chance. I pray that you find what you're looking for and more. Our God is an awesome God.

Grace,
Courtney Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment