Friday, January 14, 2011

Mr. James Copeland, associate

A sincere welcome to our newest rbcstudents family member, Mr. James Copeland. I asked some questions, and he obliged some answers.

Q: Education.
A: "I was home schooled all through Jr. High and High school. After high school, I spent 2 years with Youth With A Mission, a missions training and sending organization. I am currently attending Missouri State University, pursuing a Global Studies major and French minor."

Q: Family.
A: "My wife's name is Abi, and we have two incredible daughters, Anabelle and Mya. Anabelle is 2 years old, and Mya is almost 6 months old."

Q: When did you feel God calling you toward ministry? Has ministry been something you’ve always loved or were you headed a different direction? What influence has your dad’s (Randy Copeland) service had on you?
A: "I felt called in to ministry when I was about 16 years old. I was at A Student Life Camp, and I knew that God was calling me to spend my life leading worship, discipling people and being involved in mission work. Since that time, that has been my goal. My dad's involvement in ministry has definitely been a big influence on me, and I have learned a lot from watching him. His passion for the Lord and for seeing people come to Christ is contagious."

Q: One thing your parents taught you that you will pass to your children?
A: "To love and follow Christ, and the values of hard work and respect."

Q: Superpower you’d like to have.
A: "Hmmm...I would like to be able to fly. That would be pretty cool. But I would want to be able to fly really fast, so that I could circle the globe in, like, two hours or less if I wanted to. That would be a sweet way to travel."

Q: Unpublicized talent you possess?
A: "House cleaning. I am really good at cleaning the house, and I actually like to do it."

Q: Cutest thing your kids did today?
A: "This happened today, and everyday; Mya smiles a huge smile when I pick her up out of bed, and Anabelle is always so excited to see me when I get home. She runs up yelling, 'Daddy, daddy, daddy!' Makes my day."

No comments:

Post a Comment