Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In case this is you today.

I just finished reading the latest post about Nina on her mom's blog, "Praying for Nina." I rarely, if ever, read the comments related to each post because sometimes they -- how do I say this? -- make me roll my eyes. I am thankful to God for people who sincerely care about others. I am bored, though, by those who know the words but don't live the definitions. Yet! today I pushed the button and dared into what others were saying. I believe God brought me to this place because what I read is what my heart has been saying for awhile now. The comment was from "The great Ape."


Save me, O God, for the floodwaters are up to my neck.
Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire; I can't find a foothold to stand on.
I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me.
I am exhausted from crying for help; my throat is parched and dry.
My eyes are swollen with weeping, waiting for my God to help me…

But I keep right on praying to you, Lord, hoping this is the time you will show me favor.

Psalm 69:1-3, 13 NLT

I can only imagine how exhausted you are crying out for help....like David...just keep on crying out....
If you are at this place, as well, I encourage you. Cry to the Lord once more. And then once more again, if need be.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment