Monday, November 19, 2012

A Note From Kate Leigh Ford.


Hello there rbcstudents! I’ve already had the opportunity to talk to some of you, and I look forward to getting to know all of you.  I am so incredibly excited to be a part of the rbcstudents staff! Some of you know me from a few years ago and some of you got the chance to hear me speak at Creative Night last week, but there are probably quite a few of you who know nothing about me.  First, let me introduce myself… My name is Katherine Leigh Ford, but you can just call me Kate.  I am from Denver, Colorado, but grew up here in lovely Springfield, Missouri.  I moved here when I was 10 after living in MANY different places.  I graduated from New Covenant Academy (Go Warriors!) and then quickly rushed off to Los Angeles for art school.  I studied Visual Communications in LA and got the opportunity to also be on staff at a church called Mosaic, which is really what led me to working in ministry.  After a series of different events, I made the difficult decision to leave my home in Los Angeles and move back here.  I moved here about four weeks ago, and God has made it so evident that this where I am supposed to be.  From the minute I found out about this position, it’s been so easy to see how God has been orchestrating my steps and I feel so incredibly blessed to be where I am.  Outside of my job here at Ridgecrest, I am an installation artist, painter, and blogger (feel free to visit my blog at Cordially-Kate.com). My favorite color is white… I have an extreme addiction to coffee… My favorite flowers are Craspedias and Peonies… and most importantly, I love Jesus. So there you go… Kate Leigh Ford in a nutshell.  If you have any questions or just want to talk, please let me know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment