Sunday, January 1, 2012

Things To Do While Waiting On God: Take a Nap


God’s desire is that we rest in the love he has for us, knowing that he has things under control. We all live busy lives. Between school, time with friends, work, family time, sports and church. Some weeks can seem worse than others and you hit the weekend needing a breather. When you are walking with the Lord, struggles and, often times, the ways of the world can drain you like a busy week. You need a time to relax and recharge your body and mind. Many times, we walk around with huge burdens of worry, fret and sins; God wants us to turn everything over to him to deal with first. God wants us to live a life of peace and not carry a heavy load. The load we are carrying is not ours to carry.

Take rest in him. “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:28-30.

When you cast your cares upon Christ’s shoulders, you are saying, "I have faith in your ways and believe you are working in my life and the situation. So, Lord, while you are working, I’m going to lay back and take in some rays." When you read through the Psalms, over and over David talks about meditating on God’s commands and his word. Meditating is a great form of relaxation and David mentions countless times of meditation in scripture as a way to reaffirm God’s commands and to bring reassurance to his ways. So rest! And let God’s loving words roll around in your head.

Psalm 18: 1-3
Psalm 121
Philippians 4:7
Romans 15:13

Lindy Biglieni

No comments:

Post a Comment